Computer Graphics Rubik's Cube Project
CI Rainbow Project Above Campus
Students Participate in Robotics Competition
CI Computer Girls
Computer Science and Information Technology is a fast-growing and vibrant program at CSU Channel Islands. Our faculty specialize in algorithms, artificial intelligence, security, social media, and robotics.
- Prof. Thoms to present a paper titled, "Online Learning Community Software to Support Success in Project Teams," at The Fifth International Conference on Advanced Collaborative Networks, Systems and Applications, COLLA 2015 on October 13th in St. Julians, Malta.
- Masters Thesis Defense: Custom Gesture Recognition Using 3D Motion Sensor and Hidden Markov Models, by Alvin Bruce Little. 3:00 pm, Wednesday, September 16th, 2015 Bell Tower East 2810.
Neerja Mhaskar and Michael Soltys had a paper presented at the Prague Stringology Conference 2015. The paper proposes a new formal framework for combinatorics on words; see here http://soltys.cs.csuci.edu/blog/?p=1408 for details.
- Sierra Hall Laboratories (click for a slideshow) have opened! This is a new state-of-the-art science and technology facility hosting several science programs with substantial presence of Computer Science. Our students have access to specialized laboratories (networking, robotics, embedded systems) and general computer labs.
- Prof. AJ Bieszczad to present a paper at the 7th International Joint Conference on Computational Intelligence IJCCI 2015 in Lisbon, Portugal. The paper on using the Neurosolver to solve Towers of Hanoi problems co-authored by Prof. Bieszczad's graduate student Skyler Kuchar will be presented at one of the joint conferences, the 7th International Conference on Neural Computation Theory and Applications NCTA 2015.
- Prof. AJ Bieszczad presented two papers on cue identification in mobile robots with LIDAR scanners and chaired a session on Intelligent Control Systems and Optimization, Robotics and Automation & Signal Processing, Sensors, Systems Modelling and Control at The 12th International Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics ICINCO 2015 in Cormal, Alsace, France.